2020 Event held March 13, 14, 15
Each year, Operation Cinderella hosts a prom dress giveaway event. This event offers specially selected students in the Fox Valley and surrounding area schools the opportunity to obtain a FREE prom dress, shoes, and accessories. The event requires the much-appreciated help from guidance departments of area high schools to present one of a kind invitations to attend our event to girls that they feel have financial need or other situations that would prevent them from attending prom.
I hope you continue to do this event for many more years to come, because I know how many girls like myself would apprecieate all that you do!
– Desiree (former Operation Cinderella Princess)
Students are assigned a time to attend the event with new groups of girls arriving every half hour. Their day begins with a visit to the hair and make-up area for a little pampering. A personal shopping assistant/mentor (fairy godmother)is assigned to each girl. This fairy godmother helps guide them through the process of finding the perfect dress and all the accessories needed to enjoy prom in style. This event wouldn’t be possible without the support from community groups, dress drives, and individual and corporate donations.
I LOVED my fairy godmother! She was so sweet. She knew what I would like right away!
– Hope (former Operation Cinderella Princess)
How our invitation system works:
- School guidance department distributes invitations to specially selected students
- Student will go into Sign-Up Genius link provided and sign up for time slot to attend.
- Students return the RSVP to the guidance office by the due date.
- Students attend the event during their designated session time.
It’s not only the dress, the shoes, and the accessories that makes us feel like a princess, it’s the fairy godmothers, the women doing your hair, and the people there telling you how fabulous you look. I hope many other girls will get to experience this feeling!
– Shaynah (former Operation Cinderella Princess)